A time I felt completely lost was when I was about to take my French final for French 3. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, even though I had been studying for weeks on end and had even hired a tutor. At that time in my education, I hadn't had to actually study or memorize anything. All of my other classes came to me naturally and easily without studying, and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't grasp the subject. Eventually, with the help of my tutor, we figured out that I needed flashcards and to memorize at least half of the formulas/ rules to understand what to do, and by doing that and other practice, I managed to keep my grade in the class above 89.5. Summary: Today in class, we presented and listened while others presented their parts of the story. Reflection: Today, I learned about details of the origin myth I wouldn't have thought about, like how the birds that they turned into symbolized freedom.
Prompt: Write about the best gift you have received. The best gift I have ever received was my first phone because it was the gift that, when I received it, I used the most out of any gift I have ever gotten. Today in class, we went over the vocab lesson 5 and submitted our masks. Today I learnt the meaning of the word plethora, which is a large quantity of something.
Prompt: Now that you have completed the rhetorical analysis essay, reflect on your growth. Explain how this experience impacted your confidence as a writer and whether you feel prepared to continue analyzing complex speeches and texts in American Literature. Support your reflection with specific references to the writing process. My experience writing this has brought me some more confidence as I feel as though I know more forms of rhetoric, and I can use rhetoric to make my writing better. Today in class, we wrote our rhetorical analysis essays. Today I understood deeper how Obama used rhetoric in his 2008 concession speach.
Comments
Post a Comment